Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Rineke Dijkstra and studio updates


 i went to the most amazing show at sf moma a few weeks ago --  Rineke Dijkstra. her photos and videos utilize certain elements that make me inspired about creating more thoughtful emotion-driven narrative in my own work. Her work is really simple yet also very psychological, chronicling adolescents, soldiers, and new mothers as they go through life's transitions. Even though the pictures and videos show physical transition -- what is most exciting is the internal transition the subjects are so visibly going through, and the discomfort that comes with it. 


On other fronts, I just finished the show in Oakland, and I have yet to post the images or edit them yet. It was exciting to have a deadline for some new work, and even more exciting was that I felt like I was able to open some doors for myself in including 2 drawings. Now I need to keep up that momentum without much lined up this summer... 

No comments:

Post a Comment